Let’s see… there’s Wix, Squarespace, WordPress, Showit, Weebly, GoDaddy, Shopify, Kajabi… and I’m sure I’m forgetting dozens and dozens of other website platforms.
How do you know which website platform is best for your particular business?
Well, here’s the good news. Google will tell you that it doesn’t matter the website platform so much as it does the quality of content on your site (and of course that you’re updating it with valuable content every now and then). So, my biggest piece of advice: don’t stress about the platform in regards to the results you’d see.
The biggest things you’ll want to ask yourself:
Which platform would I be most likely to update and maintain moving forward?
Which one is the best fit in regards to my expertise?
Am I willing to pay someone monthly to update it for me?
If not, which platform is the easiest for someone who’s as un-tech-savvy as me?
There’s a reason why we at Pet Marketing Unleashed decided to use Wix for our website templates, and that’s because it’s the simplest, easiest platform for those who are not as tech-savvy to maintain long-term.
Here are some things to know about Wix:
1. It’s a drag and drop interface, which means whatever you want to edit, you simply click on it and edit it. Simple as that.
2. You can host your domain straight from Wix or simply connect it from another domain host, like GoDaddy.
3. You don’t need to use any code (thank God!)
4. You can customize it as little or as much as you’d like if you’re using a template (or you can start from scratch - up to you!). It’s 100% customizable to you and your preferences/strategies.
5. You can customize the mobile version, too, with the Wix mobile editor (many other platforms don’t allow you to edit that separately).
6. Their security is top-notch, and you don’t need to worry about making sure plugins are updated as you do with some other platforms. In fact, learn about Wix’s ‘enterprise-grade security’ here.
7. You don’t need to hire a professional designer in order to update it. My clients find that Wix is so easy for them to maintain long-term, whether they need to update pricing, change photos, or add new team members.
Get a behind-the-scenes look into the Wix editing process in action!
What do you need to use a website template with Wix?
1. You need a BOMB website template tailored to your type of pet business.
Shop the PMU website templates here. We have website templates built specifically for pet sitters, dog trainers, and pet photographers.
2. You need a monthly or annual Wix subscription.
But, don’t worry about paying/upgrading until your website is ready to go live! P.S. Wix has sales throughout the year that allow first-time customers to get 50% off annual plans.
3. You need a domain/URL.
You can get this from Wix for free for the first year when you upgrade, or if you already have a domain, you can simply connect it or transfer it to Wix.
Our Wix website templates have the strategy in place… it’s just a matter of customizing it to make it your own, and we have the steps outlined for you to get there easily and quickly!
Need help with transferring from another platform to Wix?
We’ve got you covered with the below resources:
How can I get started with Wix?
Getting started with Wix is so easy!
All you gotta do is sign up for an account here and start customizing your chosen site. Our Wix website templates will get you started with a strategic foundation built specifically for your type of pet business (dog walker, pet sitter, dog trainer, pet photographer).
If you purchase one of our templates, you’ll also get the Unleashed Website Academy that walks you through each step of the process - from customizing fonts and colors to launching your site and connecting your domain. The course also digs into best practices for SEO (search engine optimization), copywriting (the text on your site!), and onboarding for pet businesses.
Once you run through the course and get your site fully customized and ready to go, simply press publish, connect your domain, and launch your website to the world!
Shop Our Wix Website Templates for Pet Businesses right here.
If you have any other questions about Wix or our website templates, don’t hesitate to reach out to us at email@example.com. We also have a whole blog post answering all of the most frequently asked questions customers had before purchasing their website templates here. Happy website template shopping, petpreneur!