So, you’re in the process of redesigning your website, or perhaps your website is about to be launched to the world - SUPER exciting!
It’s such a huge deal to release something so powerful to your business out to the world, but sometimes it can be challenging to figure out if and what you’re supposed to share about it. Are you even supposed to share anything?
The answer to that: heck yes!
Remember, you just invested lots of time and/or money into your new brand and website. But, it’s not just a new pretty website that you’re getting. Your new website is an opportunity for you to revamp your entire brand personality, the way you interact with your audience, and just the overall way you do business! So, take advantage of that - this is your opportunity to get people excited, to raise your prices because of your revamped process and up-leveled branding, and to create a bigger and more genuine community full of the DREAM clients you’ve been looking for!
What goes into a launch:
There are endless ways to promote a launch and my first piece of advice here is to brainstorm your goals of hyping up your website launch. What’s the timeline? What do you want it to look like? What results do you want to see at the end of the launch? How much time do you have to dedicate to this?
Disclaimer here: You don’t need to have a fancy crazy launch for your website! It’s simply not necessary.
However, I do recommend at least bringing it to your audience’s attention so they can recognize that things may be a bit different and what new features can help them along the journey of working with you (for new and current clients).
To help you plan out your launch, I compiled a list of ideas for you that can help hype up the excitement around your business growth and website release.
- Direct to a landing page or area of your new website where people can enter a giveaway via your email list. However, make sure the giveaway relates to what you do so your most ideal audience will HAVE to enter. There’s no point in lots of hype if it isn’t hyping up your dream clients.
- Release a new product or service to go with the launch, especially if you know there’s something your audience has been wanting from you. Whether it’s an extra a la carte service or something people can add on to a service you already have, this is a great opportunity to add in extra revenue streams for your business (something that’s always recommended by business experts regardless of industry).
- Share feedback from others on social. Depending on your type of business, this can be a great way to build hype, especially if you really changed up your process or experience for potential or current clients. An example of this could be someone sharing how easy it was to follow your website and onboard immediately without email back and forth. Your potential clients are likely busy people. If they hear from other clients that your process is super simple to use via your website, they’ll be more likely to work with you because they want easy, too!
- If you don’t have a new product or service to launch, consider a new form of content to share. This is your opportunity to present yourself to your community in a bigger, better, bolder way. Can you time it with a new podcast or blog launch? I highly recommend blogging for your pet business for sooooo many reasons (learn more about that here), so perhaps you can hype up your new blog series or blog launch to go with your website so clients can know that amazing content will also be coming their way.
- Just talk about the features of your new website. Many of our Pet Marketing Unleashed design clients are not just getting a new website. They’re also integrating a booking software for online booking or perhaps an online call scheduler for meet & greets. This changes things up big time for your audience, in such a good way. It allows them to book faster, easier, and in their own time. These types of features are awesome things to highlight in different social media posts or email blasts. You can even create a blog post walking your potential clients through the booking process so they know what to expect every step of the way! Not only can this save you time but it can also make them more likely to work with you over another pet business because you seem way more put together and overall just less confusing (no one likes email back and forth with questions - let’s be real!)
- Your designer can help! We LOVEEEEE sharing about new branding and website designs for our clients. These are things we tag you in or if you share about it, we’ll add to the hype by re-sharing. Using your designer for assistance during a launch is a great idea. Both can share and re-share - perhaps even joining together in a giveaway or cross-promotion.
What results can you expect with a website launch?
While we can certainly build lots of hype around a launch, it’s still good to know that website traffic and search engine results, especially if it’s a brand new website (in other words, you never had a website before the redesign) will take time to build. Hyping up a launch is really about getting your community excited, allowing you to change the way you communicate and put yourself out there as a brand, and, in essence, launching your business to the world once again! It’s also a great way to remind people what it is you offer and encourage more sales and brand awareness to your business.
But hey… your launch is just one piece of the exciting puzzle that can lead to a new way that you do business. Remember… it’s not just the fact that you have a new website (which is definitely exciting, of course). But with that new website, you can now also save more time in your day, have a business that runs smoother, and resonate with the RIGHT clients instead of leads that you never hear back from or leads that just don’t value your expertise (hello price shoppers!).
If you want to learn more about how you can get that rebrand for your business and website, there are plenty of ways to do it with us:
Learn more about our web design services for pet businesses here.
Check out our website templates in the shop - these guys also include a full-blown onboarding strategy course so you’re not left in the dark when it comes to optimizing your business processes.
Watch our free masterclass for pet sitters and dog walkers, dog trainers, and pet photographers that teaches you how to seamlessly onboard clients, and not just any clients, but the right dreamy ones. Watch the free masterclass right here. P.S. If you have another type of pet service business (like dog trainers or pet photographers), this masterclass can still be super helpful for you!